I’m a writer. I write. I have always written since the day I learnt how to thread words together, casting lines on and off with full stops and commas. Before that I was a storyteller. Sometimes I still am.
Published Writing and Awards:
- What the Bear Said, Issue 87, Mslexia Magazine, September 2020
- Life in Lockdown, Womankind Magazine, 2020
- Telling it Together, Macmillan (web), 2019
- Creative Possibilities, Macmillan (web), 2018
- Why Storytelling is Important, IH Magazine, 2017
- Theatre Without Walls, Yes Magazine, 2015.
- Threads (Cheval 5 anthology), Parthian Press, 2012.
- The Missionary (poem), Antagonist Magazine, 2009.
- Departure and Return (In Her Element Anthology), Honno Press, 2008.
- Song of the Veal Calf, Respect for Animals Anthology, 1998.
- 2021 Shortlisted The Caledonia Novel Award
- 2020 Winner of Jericho Writers’ Friday Night Live Award, Summer Festival of Writing.
- 2017 Longlisted for the Mslexia Novel Award.
- 2015 Longlisted for the Bath Novel Award.
- 2013 Literature Wales New Welsh Writers Bursary Award.
- 2011/12 Arts Council of Wales Award: Research/Training for Writing in Health and Wellbeing.
- 2010 The Cultural Leadership Partnership Placement.
- 2009 Literature Wales Mentorship Programme.
© Carys Shannon, September 2020.